He Sows, She Sews: Yarn Along

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yarn Along

As always, I look forward to participating in the weekly Yarn Along hosted over at Small Things.  I feel like I've rambled on too much on the blog this week, that ironically, I don't have much to say today about my projects.

I finished the dress of the faux "American Girl Doll" for Silje.  She's so in love with it, and is calling it Jenny's party dress.  I'm so pleased I got it done!  The pattern and notes are basically complete now, and I just have to finish putting my notes together before the pattern in sizes 18"doll and newborn-2T will be ready.   Although it won't be much work, it will be work requiring my whole brain at the same time, so  therefore I'm glad I have given myself almost 2 weeks to finish that work.  

In the mean time, I'm working once again on the second dress pattern, this time using worsted weight yarn.  I made so many mistakes in the last trial that I made a bunch of notes, and am working off of those notes now.  So far, so good.  I won't know if it's looking right until I finish the entire yoke, and take measurements again.  So we'll see if this actually gets finished, or ripped out sometime in the next week.  I really need to come up with a boy design after this one.  I wouldn't want my boys to be left out of the fun!

So this week for reading I've mostly been studying my notes, but I have been continuing my research on chickens.  It's just getting me more and more excited, so that's good!  I'm yearning for a good novel these days, though, as I'm not quite attached to Silje's read aloud book this week.  More on that on Friday.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

What a cute dress! The second one looks like it is going to be adorable, too.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Jarka said...

really nice dress :) good job :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Nadja said...

My daughter has the same doll!

I love the pink of the yarn for the other dress--looks so soft!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger house full of jays said...

Very sweet dress - so wonderful that your daughter loves it, too!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

the doll dress is darling! and I'm loving that pale pink :)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 1:47 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love reading what you've been up to, Gretchen!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM , Anonymous suzy said...

The dolly dress is so sweet!
I love the pink yarn too, such a soft colour.

 
At February 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Jordmor-Hanne said...

Hi! Thanx for visiting my blog! Your kids has really fine names :) I guess you all would have to talk to someone from Norway to hear the pronounce :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home